Friday, July 19, 2002

"One day Nasrudin was out walking and found a man sitting on the side of the road crying.
'
What is the matter, my friend?' asked Nasrudin. 'Why are you crying?'
'
I'm crying because I am so poor,' wailed the man. 'I have no money and everything I own is in this little bag.'
'
Ah-ha!,' said Nasrudin, who immediately grabbed the bag and ran as fast as he could until he was out of sight.
'
Now I have nothing at all,' cried the poor man, weeping still harder as he trudged along the road in the direction Nasrudin had gone. A mile away he found his bag sitting in the middle of the road, and he immediately became ecstatic. 'Thank God,' he cried out. 'I have all my possessions back. Thank you, thank you.'
'
How curious!' exclaimed Nasrudin, appearing out of the bushes by the side of the road. "How curious that the same bag that made you weep now makes you ecstatic.'" --Roger Walsh

No comments: